20090316

THE FACTS of society about women & childbirth

Kathy Pais (SUNY Albany) wrote on March 13, 2009 at 2:23pm

It is just so socially ingrained( brainwashed) that I doubt that the majority of women even if they look at all the negatives will decide not to have a kid. My own mother asked me if the true reason I didn't want kids was if I was afraid of childbirth. I think women realize that their bodies will never be the same and that they could die giving birth, but the social pressure is so great, that that will not matter.

The reality is that we care so little about women's lives, that we have not decreased rates of maternal moritality (sic) rates in the US of all places. giving birth is still dangerous but the medical profession doesn't give a rat's ass about women's health, because the actual 'baby' is more vital in this pro-natal nation.

Honestly, it's true society pressures women to have kids, but I don't care about changing those views. Let "them" have all the kids that I won't have. Besides, it does bring those women some happiness, but that happiness comes at a big price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got sssssssomething to sssssssssay? :)