20091210

Questions that haven't been answered yet. If S373 passes:

What I want to know...

What will owners of boas and pythons be expected to do? Will we be expected to kill our pet snakes?

What will large breeders be expected to do? Kill their 40,000 snakes? Or should they continue housing and feeding them until they die (in 20+ years) while receiving no income?

What will owners of boas and pythons be expected to do if we move to another state? Release them into the wild? Kill them? We won't be permitted to sell them to friends...

What will large breeders do to provide for their families? Go bankrupt and then go on welfare?

Will the government come arrest the newly created criminals? (You KNOW these snakes are our children).

Will cats be banned next? They are the most widely-spread injurious NON-NATIVE animals in the USA. Cats kill birds. (Sounds stupid, doesn't it?)

~4 million boas & pythons already in captivity would be rendered valueless overnight with no provisions for disposition or compensation

How much of my tax dollar$ will be wa$ted to attempt to control the new python black market?

Do you REALLY think we'll give up our pets? Do you REALLY think we'll give up our businesses?

Will you come take me to jail for refusing to give up my "children?"

Will you come take me to jail for continuing to breed my snakes?

S373 implies that science has little value in policy decision making. Phobias and prejudices are obviously more important.

And if you're going to use science, be sure to use controversial science.

S373 also implies that the State of Florida doesn't have the competency to manage its natural resources.

I am posting the following bulletin on myspace:

Unless you've been following me on twitter or facebook.. you've been missing me being on the warpath! :(

The senate has passed S373, purposely ignoring scientific data, not to mention receiving 50,000 snail mail letters, phone calls, emails, faxes, tweets (Yes, I tw...eet politicians). And yes, I am HOLDING BACK on my anger.... this is a family show here...

If you are a snake enthusiast and want to see what's going on... check out http://usark.org Click the "Reptile Nation" link. The 1st forum has important info. Also, feel free to follow me http://twitter.com/snakelady

In addition, PDF file summarizing everything about the python ban:
http://bit.ly/61hhZ1

~~~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^:)--<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got sssssssomething to sssssssssay? :)